Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Our Commitment to Patient Safety
At Upstate Spine & Sport, there is nothing more important to us than your health and safety during this unprecedented time. The Department of Homeland Security and the South Carolina state government has deemed chiropractic care an essential component of health care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are taking extensive preventative measures, guided by the CDC, to protect our patients and employees who enter Upstate Spine & Sport.
Patient screening: All patients will be screened before and upon arrival to make sure they are not exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. Screening questions:
- Have you traveled outside of the United States in the last 30 days?
- Have you had symptoms of fever with cough, sore throat or respiratory distress?
- Have you had known contact with a COVID 19 confirmed positive patient?
Staff screening: All employees will be screened for COVID-19 daily. Those presenting any level of symptoms will return home and follow up with their physician before returning to work.
Clinic health protocols: To deliver a healthy treatment experience for our patients and clinicians alike, we are:
- limiting the number of people in the clinic at one time
- taking the temperature of any person walking into the clinic
- continue placing emphasis on frequent and thorough hand washing throughout the day – particularly before and after each patient
- continue sterilizing all clinic surfaces with medical-grade disinfectants.
- preventative measures including clinicians wearing gloves and masks will be taken as necessary
Telehealth Services: we are offering a telehealth option so that you can easily connect with one of our chiropractor, Dr. David Jolson, through web-based technology that is HIPAA compliant. We understand if you are uncomfortable coming into the clinic and are happy to see you via telehealth or reschedule your appointment. Schedule here.
Thank you for helping us ensure the safety of our patients and employees, as well as our families. With this shared commitment we are confident we can continue delivering the same high level of chiropractic care you’ve come to expect from us at Upstate Spine & Sport.
To help ensure you have the latest and most up-to-date information, please review the links below of other healthcare and government organizations: