Dr. Jolson’s tennis exam is a unique combination of RacquetFit screens, information from the BodiTrak Mat, video analysis, biomechanics and movement quality, serve mechanics, and a thorough medical history.
Once the exam is complete, the results are used to create a unique plan for each individual tennis player.
We treat many different kinds of injuries including but not limited to:
- Shoulder: rotator cuff, instability, biceps tendon
- Elbow: tennis elbow, chronic tendinopathy, golfer’s elbow
- Hand and wrist injuries: ulnar wrist pain, wrist tendonitis, DeQuervain’s Tenosynovitis
- Spine (back and neck) problems: lumbar disc, cervical disc, sciatica or radiculopathy (pinched nerve), back pain, muscle cramps
- Muscle Issues: groin, hamstring, quadriceps, calf
- Lower Extremity: hip pain, knee injuries, patellofemoral pain,
shin splints, foot and ankle problems, Achilles tendon, plantar fasciitis, and ankle sprain
The first step in working with any tennis player is to thoroughly assess them, which helps us understand what areas of the body need better mobility or stability. We use this data to correlate their biomechanics to specific serve faults and issues in their groundstrokes. We communicate with the player's coach and trainer about their body/tennis connection which creates a team approach to best support and maximize that athlete's potential.Dr. David Jolson
RELIEF. RECOVERY. PERFORMANCE.